Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good "Clean" Fun!

Sometimes it's important to get messy.  Life is messy!  Why not get messy in real life?   At least let your kids do it!  I ordered a box of 12 different Tempera paints last week.  They arrived at our doorstep while Serafin had a friend over. I couldn't resist the temptation to open them up and let the girls get creative.  I think next time I might hold off on this one till spring or summer, when I can take the girls outside and HOSE THEM DOWN!  Although admittedly, bath time (all three of them) was very amusing.  Anyway, what was meant to be a painting project (on paper) turned into body painting.  Sigh, . . . apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  And yes, they both got messy.  Really messy.  And yes, we all had fun.  Parents and kids.  



Here we go!  At first I was like, "Ok, don't paint on anything else but your hands," which lasted about a minute.  At some point I just gave in, . . .


(Gave in) And watched!  Hoping that the paint would stay on the shower curtain I had laid out!



"Check me out!"

 "Hmmm, I think I need a little color on my face."



Yes, there was a ring around the bathtub.  Somehow, I don't know how, the mess was relatively contained, . . .


Until Serafin had to use the toilet.  Oh well. 


"Hey!  That was fun!  Let's do it again!"


Kids are seriously the best!

1 comment: