Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Orcas Dreams 3: Holiday Cheer

Serafin takes us on a hike, the gray is getting to me a bit, but the beauty still makes me pinch myself.  

Well, it's our first holiday season on the island and so far it's all been pretty amusing.  Santa came on his ship with all his pirates and we've seen him around town a number of times.  We've done spiral candle walks, drank our hot chocolate, been to the local craft fair, watched the tree lighting on the "village green" and now things are quieting down a bit for the upcoming holiday.  More quiet walks, going inside myself and contemplating, hibernation.  I'm tired and I feel winter's slowness.

Honestly, it's so much nicer not to deal with the mayhem of the holidays, it was always crazy in Oakland.  So if I can't find what I want in town, I have to order it off of amazon, but you know what, that's ok with me.  I'm less tempted to spend my money and more picky about what I bring into this house.  That's a good thing.

Orcas has amazing holiday spirit.  So I've seen, Orcas has amazing spirit in general.  We aren't lagging either.  What kind of a blogger would I be if I didn't catch you up with the Dorrington holiday cheer, . . . here's what's been going on!

The tree, of course, a 10 footer!  That was Gary who insisted on that!  Hard to believe, I know!  I've never had such a big tree and thought it was a bit over the top (no pun intended), but now that it's in, I can't stop admiring it!  Two thumbs up to my hubby.  Maybe next year we'll get one off of our land??



Serafin's first year decorating (instead of demolishing) the tree with ornaments!  


She has also been her usual crafty self.  

Et, . . . Voila!

I've been crafty too!  I FINALLY finished Silas' x-mas stocking, . . . it only took me a year and a half!  

Never again will I buy a wreath, much more fun to make!  Serafin and I went clipping greens and looking for pine cones.

She entertained Silas while I put it all together, . . .

C'est Magnific!

Happy Holiday's Y'all!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment