Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Why?" (A Breastfeeding Rant!)



I just don't get it.  I'm dumbfounded.  Breastfeeding.  Why is this such an issue in our "modern" world?  I've said it before and I will say it again, . . . what the heck is wrong with our society that breastfeeding is even a question?  How disassociated from nature have we become? Why should we deny our children of one of their basic needs?  

Yack!  It makes me so angry.  Women should be able to choose where and when they feed their children and not be harassed for it!  I have been in and out of the breastfeeding movement; following the nurse-ins, participating at times, or sitting and stewing in my own juices, and then sometimes I just let go and roll my eyes.  I am obviously a tried and true supporter; however, I find that the issue has such a charge for me that instinctually I push away from it.  This time, ha ha, I've decided to get it out of my system, . . . . you are warned!


"ATTENTION WORLD! LEAVE ME, MY CHILDREN, AND MY BOOBS ALONE!  IF MY CHILD WANTS TO BE FED, I WILL FEED MY CHILD!  I WILL NOT GO TO A BATHROOM OR USE A SHEET TO COVER UP!  I WILL NOT LET YOUR COMMENTS OR LOOKS GET IN THE WAY OF MY CHILDREN AND THEIR NEED FOR LOVE AND NOURISHMENT!  

WHY DO YOU CARE IF I'M FEEDING MY CHILD IN A RESTAURANT, ON A PARK BENCH, OR OTHER PUBLIC VENUE?  I SAY, CONCENTRATE ON GETTING YOUR FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH INSTEAD OF GETTING PIZZA SAUCE ALL OVER YOUR FACE?  MY BABY HAS BETTER TABLE MANNERS THAN YOU! STOP STARING!  IF YOU WERE LUCKY, YOU WERE FED IN THIS WAY AS WELL! 

THEY'RE JUST BREASTS!  YOUR TEENAGER IS PROBABLY EXPOSING THEMSELVES MORE THAN ME!  BREASTFEEDING IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCES!  I AM FEEDING MY CHILD FROM MY BODY!  HOW MUCH MORE PRIMITIVE AND INSTINCTUAL CAN YOU GET?  WHY SHOULD I FEED MY CHILD WITH THE MILK FROM A COW, WHEN I CAN NOURISH THEM WITH MILK THAT IS ACTUALLY MEANT FOR THEM!  

WHY DO YOU CARE IF MY CHILD IS 3 MONTHS OLD OR THREE YEARS OLD?  WHY DO YOU CARE?  SERIOUSLY!  WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE?"  


Sigh, . . . I feel better now.  

;)

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. My daughter is doing the same and people are so shocked he is almost 2. So what...it is what is keeping him healthy and strong. I am sharing this with her!

    ReplyDelete