Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Cup of Tea




Sometimes the only thing that gets me going in the morning is a cup of tea. Something about the ritual makes me feel like it's the first step to taking care of myself at the start of a day. Wrapping my hands around a warm mug while my daughter has her breakfast or even sipping some delicious brew as I wash dishes helps me feel that I am hanging on to some sort of routine. At least I get to drink my tea, right? Seriously, these days, with the chaos of two kids, good old lemon balm, nettles or raspberry leaf nourishes my mind, body and soul. What gets you going on those mornings when you want to do absolutely nothing else besides stay in bed and sleep?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy! What gets me out of bed? My sweetie's morning poop explosions.

    ReplyDelete