Friday, August 17, 2012

Operation Orcas Take 7: Where Buddha Sat

Gary took Buddha up to Orcas this week.  The morning after he left I walked out on the deck and found this, . . . the spot where buddha sat.  Now Buddha waits for us at our new abode.  

  Our move is less than a month away!  Buddha has left the building!  And, . . . emotions are in full swing.  I'm sad.  I'm excited.  I'm overwhelmed.  Sheesh!  Honestly, do I even have time to get emotional?  The answer is. . . always.  I find myself wondering how everything is going to get done, it feels like there is too little time and too much to do.  People keep telling me that somehow it just does.  I will believe it when I see it.  Thank goodness for my chill hubby who has talked me off the ledge many times in the past couple of weeks.  I love you Gary.

For those of you that know me and have been to my house, you may, or may not, believe that there is a little OCD in me.  I can never tell what people think when they enter my home, it's got a little bit of everything.  Behind the unkept garden, crazy loud animals that greet you at the door (dogs, birds, cats, . . .), and the slide that sits in the middle of our living room from time to time, you are also come into a home with an amazing view, bright colors, and good energy.  I will miss this place, but I am positive that we will make our new home just as bright and welcoming.  

Organizing my home and trying to keep things in place has always been challenging for me, especially now with two kids.  With this move I have a chance to start afresh, to develop some better organization techniques and really take inventory.

As I go through our "stuff" I am realizing how much "stuff" we actually have.  Yikes!  I've said it before, and I will say it again, it is AMAZINGLY (HORRIFYING) how much stuff one can accumulate.  As I dig into the far corners of our attic, I'm finding small treasures from my childhood and even boxes of things that I didn't know existed!  How did that happen?

So people. . . my declaration is this. . . . it is my goal, with this new home, to have a "place" for everything, to know where everything is, and to know exactly what I actually have!  

Yes, I did underline that AND put it in Bold Italics.  Now you know I'm serious.  Please kick my ass if I haven't kept my word!

Anyway, if you are curious, take a look at what's going on in our house, . . . .


****************

Boxes, boxes, everywhere, . . . (stacked all the way up to the ceiling in some places!)




Masking tape is my friend, . . . (now you can see the OCD in action; color coordinating boxes so the mover's know exactly where each one goes, there is a different color for every room).  





Is there a piano under there somewhere??





We have a TON of books.  This isn't even half of them.  FINALLY they are organized by category and author.  When we get to our new location books will definitely have their own place.




Ok, people that's all for now!  I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of using colors as room indicators. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete