Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring time!


Spring is here, . . . sigh.  My favorite time of year.  Such an affirmation of life.  I love taking the dogs out and watching them go crazy with new smells and soft dirt to dig into.  



The wild flowers bloom more and more as the days go by.  Mother nature paints orange, yellow, purple and pink dots all over the hills.  So beautiful.  I find peace walking through nature.


I have to say, the trails up in the Oakland hills have been a refuge for me.  In times of hardship, somehow, the trees, the hills and the sky bring me warmth, even when it's cold and windy outside.  I have walked these paths for a number of years, I have walked them slow, I have walked them briskly, I have walked them at 9 months pregnant, with a child on my back, I've stopped and sat in the grass to breath, I've clambered up random pathless hills and rock climbed my way down the other side.  I can find my way around these hills in my sleep.



Mother Nature, . . . thank you for your gift of life and beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment