Friday, March 9, 2012

30 Days Hath September, . . .




Serafin is in growth spurt (when are they not?). Her memory and speech seem to be skyrocketing these days. It's amazing to watch. Lately, we've been to a bunch of children's birthday parties and now all she can do is talk about when her birthday party will be. Well, "It's March!" I keep telling her, "Your birthday is in June." She doesn't seem to quite get it and when we go out, she keeps asking if we are going to her birthday party. I figured this would be a good way to start explaining about the yearly cycles.
After digging through pinterest (I'm a total addict now), I got some good ideas and came up with a calendar that I though suited our needs. I'm looking forward to seeing her progress with learning about the days and months. If anything, to start, I'm sure she will have fun pulling the labels off and putting them in the correct place with my help.




On the flip side of my calendar I threw on a piece of felt. I had some extra velcro and adhered Serafin's felt letters which I had bought for her a while back. Now we can really begin to learn our ABCs and eventually start spelling things out. Only problem is, I can't find the J or I. Serves me right for leaving them in a box and letting her play with them while I ran around trying to get some chores done. I suppose I will start with the calendar until they turn up. Gack!

No comments:

Post a Comment